"To Dream the Impossible Dream"

If a word is repeatedly used in inspirational Broadway songs, you know it has to be good.  The word dream is exactly that word.  Fanine in Les Misérables dreams of a better life when she sings "I Dreamed a Dream" Sophie sings "I have a dream" in Mama Mia and my favorite Don Quixot sings "To Dream the Impossible Dream"  There are countless more, but they all have something in common.  They have inspiring lyrics on how we can dream for a better life.  The first step to succeed to to think of it first.  This week we were taught to dream big dreams.  

We cannot let set doubt get in our way.  This week I read 100 days of rejection.  This was an inspiring story about how if we do not let fear lead our lives, we can accomplish anything.  However, we fear rejection to the point where we are afraid to take any step into the unknown.  To dream big dreams, we cannot let fear get the better of us.   Paul taught us. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). So we must be willing to dream big even if we fail.  That is an excuse to dream big again.   

I have always wanted to go back to school.  I took a break when I was younger so I could work full time and put my husband through school.  Our first dream was realized after 13 years of school and him becoming a doctor.  Now 25 years later all the fear that I had of going back to school later in life kept me from starting semester after semester.  Finally, it was my passion for teaching that persuaded me it was worth stepping into the darkness.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you been swearing this whole time?

I'm more like the wicked queen than Snow White