"Seasons of Love"

 I hate the musical RENT, but I truly love the song, "Seasons of Love" the lyrics say;

Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutesFive hundred, twenty five thousand moments so dearFive hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutesHow do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsetsIn midnights, in cups of coffeeIn inches, in milesIn laughter, in strife
In five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutesHow do you measure a year in a life?
This encompasses my feelings for this journey here on earth.   I remember when my boys were little 3 boys under 8 and everyone said, 'This will pass by" or "you will miss this" They were right. The seconds of legos, and minutes of Power Rangers, passed quickly.  Now they are all in college and serving a mission and I look back at the life we have shared.  It consisted of minutes that all added up to a beautiful life.
However, my journey is still in being measured.  This week's study and reading was a great time to reflect and contemplate how I will spend my remaining minutes.   25 years ago I worked double jobs, raising my four kiddos to help my husband get through 13 years of college.  Bs, Ms, Ms, Phd,  I always wanted to finish my degree but I needed to make the time.  I realized this week that it was because of fear.  Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear that I couldn't remember math from 25 years ago.  Year after year I rationalized why it wasn't the best "time"   Then I had a moment of clarity and jumped a year ago.  I jumped in with vigor.  I average 20 credits a semester while working full-time and still trying to be a mom.   I have learned that the minutes and hours need balance.   This is a goal for the future.  How do I balance all that I want to accomplish in the minutes I have and most importantly how do I do it where I have an "eye singe to the glory of God." 
I hope my minutes are filled with: love, education, family, the gospel, teaching, travel.  Some day I hope to be a grandparent and then my life will be filled with minutes of legos and power rangersk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you been swearing this whole time?

I'm more like the wicked queen than Snow White