Circle of Life

 

Yesterday I was blessed to take my youngest daughter to the Broadway tour of Lion King.  There are countless gospel and business analogies you can draw from this show.  The one that stuck out to me is in the song Circle of Life.  I have two children who have recently been married.  They are attending college living in tiny apartments and saving extra change to go to Fizz for their date nights.  There are days when I want to fly in and save them all the stress and hardships.   Education is one of the ways that we can be comfortable now.   We knew that the BS, MS, MS, and PhD for my husband would be difficult.  We knew that my choosing to be a stay-at-home mom when our kiddos were tiny was also a hard choice.  It was these choices back then that shaped and molded our family.

My children will also learn from these experiences.  They will look back fondly on the small apartments, and broken-down cars. and quarters to go get drinks.  They will remember these moments and hopefully learn and grow from them.  They will take these experiences and become more than they are.  

As I look at the difficult things of my own educational journey. there are times when I would rather quit.  I appreciated the talk "Good Things to Come" by Elder Holland.  When I get discouraged I can pull to memory Elder Holland's voice saying "Don't you quit" This is just another circle that I am in right now.  I will look back at this experience and then with confidence be able to tell my own children and institute students not to quit, and to just keep going.  Good things are to come. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you been swearing this whole time?

I'm more like the wicked queen than Snow White