Money, Money, Money

 


Another amazing song title from this weeks Broadway show.  Mama Mia knew the importance of having money. 

This last week I was sitting in Sunday School when an older gentleman in the backrow said, "When it comes to money there are two options, you can have money, or you can be poor.  I have had both and I can tell you that it is better to have money."   We all laughed but I believe he is correct as long we keep things in perspective.  The reading taught us that money was power.   Look at the amazing things John Hunstman has done because he had money.   We are from a small town in Wyoming so when my mom got cancer we felt so blessed that there was a place called the Huntsman Cancer Institute that didn't care what kind of insurance we had or that we were from a small town in Wyoming.  They helped save my mom's life because of one man and his choice of what to do with his money.  

Money can also be a detriment to our happiness.  The study this week showed example after example of broken families due to the never-ending desire to climb the corporate latter.  That is why we must keep an eternal perspective with our worldly pursuits.  Are we placing our families first?

It is our stewardship to make good choices with what we have been given.  In the videos we learned about the tremendous opportunities money can create.   We can stop worrying about the day to day things and focus on what we can do to help build up Zion.  We can do this without money but I believe I trust the man in my Sunday School that taught us it is better to have it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you been swearing this whole time?

I'm more like the wicked queen than Snow White