Hashtags of life
A hashtag is a way to give a quick synopsis of something
important. In my head as I learn new
concepts or something affects me in a way that I wish to remember it, I think
of it as a hashtag. This weeks readings
were jam packed with # hashtags.
#thankateacher
In the conference
talk entitled “An Attitude of Gratitude” by President Monson, he taught us the
importance of giving thanks for those who have impacted your life. He gave great
examples of teachers he has had in his lifetime. My profession is a teacher. I loved how he
said that he knew his Sunday school teacher loved him. Christ was the ultimate teacher. He is the example we want to follow and he
showed us that we cannot teach if we cannot love the students. I reflected on all the teachers that I have
been truly blessed with. I recently
connected to one of my seminary teachers from when I was a teenager, it was a
sweet conversation as we discussed things he taught me that now I teach 170
youth.
#greatidea
I loved learning
about the concept of recognizing those great ideas. I tend to be someone who has too many ideas.
How do I wade through all the choices to determine if any of them should be
explored more? I learned how ideas are
different than opportunities. I might
have the most amazing idea in the word but if I cannot turn it into an opportunity,
then it just stays that……a great idea.
#Balance I feel the universe is trying to
teach me this concept. I am currently in
8 classes and I am starting to believe that every one of those has mentioned
living in balance this week. I loved
what we learned from Haykin. He said
that the balance is the most rewarding part. There are so many hours a day and we need to be
good “stewards” of the time we are given.
The list
goes on and on, I am sure in another 2 weeks I could re-examine this reading
and find a whole new set of hashtags.

Comments
Post a Comment