When I signed up for this Entrepreneurship class I assumed it would be learning all the ins and outs of beginning a business.  I wanted to take the lesson on building a successful business and use the same lessons to help build institute and seminary programs.  I did not however expect this would be a class on finding my own personal journey of mastery.   Week after week I did learn about the positives and negatives of starting a business but I also learned the importance of becoming a leader.  Not just any leader but a leader who can help raise up others, a leader who you can look at yourself at the end of the day in the mirror and be proud of what you have accomplished.

To become the person we want to be we first learned about goal setting and creating our own bucket list.  This was such a great experience.  Not only did I create my list, but so did my husband and all my kids.  It allowed us to discuss our goals of what we want individually and as a family.   Once I had a clear idea of what I wanted out of life, it was time to learn how to accomplish this.   I realized that in many of my big goals, I am a “dabbler” as found in our book “Mastery.”  I have big ideas and I want to do them but sometimes I lose interest.  I also realized that some of the interest was lost because of fear.  We had a great unit on deconstructing our fears.  This was for me super enlightening.  I realized that there were parts of my career path I had chosen to avoid because of fear.  I was able to take a look at my own path and examine where fear was playing a part in my own journey to mastery.

The most important part of this journey is that I will be a finisher.  We can make plans, jump in, and help others, but if we do not finish our own journey then it is all for nothing.   To be a master entrepreneur or simply a good person we must take these steps.  We must look at our lives, make those bucket lists, set goals, and work on staying in the game until we master what we desperately want.  My biggest takeaway is that I do want to master my goals, I do want to be the finisher. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you been swearing this whole time?

I'm more like the wicked queen than Snow White